Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Mrs S A Diver - Chairman
Councillor A Munday - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor M Radley
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Presentation by Superintendent Trevor Roe Essex Police
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 23rd May 2016 and 13th June 2016.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume –
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
17/01028/FUL - Bartholomew House, Colchester Road, Halstead, CO9 2EA - Change of use from D1 to C3 Residential. (Pending extension)
17/01079/FUL - 15 Evans Court, Halstead, CO9 2GE - Retention of fence. (Pending extension)
17/00195/TPOCON Proposal: Bull Hotel Bridge Street Halstead Essex CO9 1HU - Notice of intent to carry out works to trees in a Conservation Area Re-pollard 3 Lime trees to previous pollard points and pollard another Lime to 7metres and prune basal growth
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements - report available
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance. – report will be available at the meeting
b) List of Payments to be approved - report will be available at the meeting
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - report will be available at the meeting
11. Policy on intangible risks – report available
12. Request for enforcement of speed limit on Colchester Road – report available
13. Christmas parties organised jointly by Halstead Town Council and the outing couriers – report available
14. Naming of street in new development – report attached
15. Request from the History Society relating to the move to Queens Hall – report attached
16. Meeting arranged for 23 April 2018 – report attached
17. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
There is none
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 10/7/117