Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Mrs S A Diver - Chairman
Councillor A Munday - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor M Radley
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
b) Presentation by Joel Fayers on behalf of David Wilson homes at Oak Road (this will be preceded by a public drop-in session at the Council offices from 16.30 – 18.30 and a stakeholder by invitation session from 18.30 – 19.00 on Monday 14 August)
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 17th July 2017.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume –
The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
16/02186/REM - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead - Application for approval of all matters reserved by Condition 2 of outline planning permission 14/01580/OUT (Appearance, landscaping, layout and scale), for the development of 192 residential dwellings (including 3 no. affordable housing), convenience store, parking, structural planting and landscaping, informal public open space, children's play area, allotments, surface water attenuation and associated ancillary works.
17/01265/FUL - 16 High Street, Halstead, CO9 2AD - Continuation of works consisting of the addition of a steel commercial staircase leading up to the apartment above the ground floor and the installation to the front elevation.
17/01287/FUL - Land Adjacent 21 Sloe Hill, Halstead, CO9 1JT - Erection of 3 no. detached dwellings with garages and accesses to Sloe Hill.
17/01284/FUL - 118 Tidings Hill, Halstead, CO9 1BL - Erection of single storey rear extension.
17/01310/FUL - Walnut Tree House, 9 Gardeners Road, Halstead, CO9 2JU - Erection of two-bedroom dwelling with associated parking and landscaping.
17/01307/FUL - 13 Holmes Road, Halstead, CO9 1NW - Erection of single storey front and rear extension.
17/01312/FUL - Public toilets, Chapel Street, Halstead, Essex - Change of use from toilet block to two lock up shops of A1 usage.
17/01373/ELD – 31 Colne Road, Halstead, CO9 2HT – Application for an Existing Lawful Development Certificate – Loft conversion and roof extension
17/01366/FUL & 17/01367/LBC- Congregation House, Parsonage St, Halstead CO9 2JW – Installation of three roof lights
17/01171/FUL – 30 Ozier Field, Halstead CO9 1UX – Erection of single storey rear extension
17/01359/FUL – 28 Ashlong Grove, Halstead CO9 2QH – Erection of a single storey front extension
17/01405/FUL – 2 Bois Hall Gardens, Halstead CO9 2HX – Erection of a single storey rear extension, alterations and pitched roof over existing garage
17/01290/FUL - 34 Trinity Street, Halstead, Essex, Co9 1JA - Demolition of existing outbuilding and erection of commercial building to be used as an extension to existing business Jenniz Beauty Salon.
17/01401/FUL - 33 Winston Way, Halstead, CO9 2TH - Amendment to previous approval reference 17/00205/FUL - Change to the first floor external façade (from render to front with brick to side and rear) to cedral clad to first floor to extension walls only.
17/01390/FUL - Wash Farm Barn, Hedingham Road, Halstead, CO9 2DW - Erection of a cartlodge.
17/01418/FUL & 17/01419/LBC – 7A High Street, Halstead, CO9 2AA – Change of use of the first floor to residential and renovation of the second floor to provide two residential units.
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements - report available
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor M Radley
a) Finance. – report will be available at the meeting
b) List of Payments to be approved - report will be available at the meeting
c) SAGE developments – report available
d) CIF funding for demountable stage - report available
8. Community Hall – verbal update
9. Youth – verbal update
10. District Councillors - report will be available at the meeting
11. Greenfields Community site at Cherry Tree close – naming of road – report available
12. Outdoor gym at Ramsey Road – report available
13. Queens Hall progress report – report available
14. Return to naming of the development adjacent to 85 Colchester Road – report available
15. Braintree Association of Local Councils AGM – report available
16. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
17. Queens Hall project appointment of contractor
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk 7/8/117