Halstead Town Council
|THE PUBLIC MAY ATTEND THIS MEETING|
Councillor Mrs S A Diver - Chairman
Councillor A Munday - Vice Chairman
Councillor Mrs J Allen
Councillor Mrs S Dingle
Councillor C Fox
Councillor D Gronland
Councillor D Hume
Councillor Mrs J A Pell
Councillor Mrs E Penn
Councillor M Radley
Councillor Mrs J Sutton
Councillor Garry Warren
Members of the Council are requested to attend the above Meeting to transact the following business: -
1. Apologies for Absence and approval of apologies
2. Declarations of Interests. To declare any ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’’ interests relating to items on the agenda having regard to the Code of Conduct for Members and having taken appropriate advice (where necessary) before the meeting.
3. Public Question Time. a) A maximum period of 10 minutes to allow members of the public to ask questions or to make statements, and for Councillors with ‘pecuniary, non-pecuniary or other pecuniary’ interests under the code of conduct for Members to make statements.
4. Minutes. To approve the minutes of the Council meeting held on 18th September 2017.
5. Planning Applications. Dealt with by the Planning Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE. Chair of Planning - Councillor D Hume
a) The following Planning Applications, which were received and circulated electronically, are to be considered at the Council meeting.
17/01580/OUT - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex - Application for approval of reserved matters (layout, scale, appearance and landscaping) in relation to outline application permission 14/01580/OUT at Oak Road (East) Halstead,, for the development of 100 new dwellings with 30% Affordable Housing, together with new allotments and public open space, drainage attenuation and associated infrastructure.
17/01691/FUL - 29 Sloe Hill, Halstead, CO9 1JT - Erection of replacement of conservatory with single storey rear extension.
17/01665/REM - Land South of Oak Road, Halstead, Essex - Application for approval of reserved matters (layout, scale, appearance and landscaping in relation to outline application permission 14/01580/OUT at Oak Road (east), Halstead, for the development of 100 new dwellings with 30% Affordable Housing together with new allotments and public open space, drainage attenuation and associated infrastructure.
17/01743/FUL - 31 Colne Road, Halstead CO9 2HT - Proposed loft conversion and roof extension.
17/01770/FUL - Erection of 2-storey office extension at 7 -11 Fourth Avenue Bluebridge Industrial Estate
b) HTC attendance at BDC planning meetings
6. Mayors Appointments and Announcements - report available
7. Finance. Dealt with by the Finance Committee. ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL ARE MEMBERS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE. Chair of Finance – Councillor MRadley
b) List of Payments to be approved - report available
c) External auditor’s report to be approved - report available
d) Request from Halstead Road Runners to pay for the Marathon toilets in 2018 – report available
8. Community Hall - report will be available at the meeting
9. Youth - report will be available at the meeting
10. District Councillors - report will be available at the meeting
11. Request for KEEP CLEAR signs on Stanley Road - report available
12. Braintree Compact Consultation – report available
13. Application for a no parking zone in Trinity Road – report available
14. Request for support for complaint to Planning at BDC – report available
15. Community Fridge Update - report available
16. Sickness and absence policy- report available
17. Training policy – report available
18. Request for free parking for organisers of Christmas Fayre – report available
19. Request for warning signs and vehicle speed alerts on Hedingham road – report available
20. Exclusion of Public and Press.
To give consideration to adopting the following resolution: - “That in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted and pursuant to the provisions of section 1(2)-of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, as amended, the public and the press be temporarily excluded from the meeting”.
21. Queens Hall update
Sarah Greatorex Town Clerk
9 October 2017